OnTrac(R) Coach has been named in The Top Ten Business Coaches and Mastermind Groups to help You Grow Your Law Firm, from Smith AI.
“The legal industry is highly competitive. It can take decades to build a strong reputation and a solid firm that gets the kind of business that you’ve always dreamed of or the clientele whose cases you’ve always wanted to assist with. What if you don’t want to wait decades, though? The good news is that today, you don’t have to.
There are several tools and resources out there today to help you accelerate your law firm’s success, including business coaches and mastermind groups that can teach you all the ins and outs of running a law firm and taking care of the “business” aspect of things. Law school is great for learning the laws, but no one prepares you for the business of running a law firm. Not the way you should be prepared, anyway.”
“…The critical case for a business coach
In case you’re still trying to figure out why now is the right time to hire a business coach, think about things like:
- A business coach holds you accountable. They will work with you to set reasonable, appropriate goals and ensure that you can take the steps needed to achieve those goals. They don’t care about feelings or anything else. They care about results, and they will ensure that you get them.
- A coach is going to be honest. Again, they’re not worried about hurting your feelings or being your friend. They will give you the truth and make sure that they are authentic in doing so. No one is going to give you a sugar-coated anything because that’s not going to help you here at all.
- Perspective is another perk that you get from hiring a coach. You get an outside perspective, but you also get the perspective of someone who has been in the industry and knows how to build successful practices. It can give you the chance to re-focus and get your firm back on trac
- Forward-thinking coaches will ensure that you think about the long-term success of your law firm. They will look at things like 5, 10, and 20-year plans, exit strategies, and potential challenges and goals that will come along the way. This is stuff that you might think isn’t important yet, but it can set you up for success.
- Coaches know how law firms succeed, but more importantly, they know how they fail. That kind of insight isn’t easy to come by. There are so many things you can learn by keeping up with those who came before you, including the ones who didn’t make it. Sometimes, that advice is more valuable than the advice about what does work.
- Increased performance will be seen across all areas of your law firm. Whether it’s a solo practice or you’ve got a whole team of attorneys, the firm operating better means that the people will work better. This will continue to help grow your firm and build your reputation.
These are some of the critical reasons that you should consider a business coach. There are so many different providers out there today, from business pros to legal experts and everyone in between. Make sure that you find the one that fits your needs. To help with that, here are the top 10 coaching options for your law firm or practice.”
Read the full article including the top ten list here.