We are in unprecedented times. We are surrounded with negative. It’s become increasingly challenging to stay positive. Yet geting and remaining positive is perhaps the most important thing we can do for ourselves, our clients, our friends, our family, and our communities.
Here are some thoughts on how to focus on being happy.
- Spend time (virtually or in-person) with people that make you happy.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Cook (or order in), your favorite food.
- Watch your favorite movies.
- Walk a little longer with your dog.
- Be grateful for everyone and everything in your life right now.
- Help someone else.
- Spend more time in nature.
- Tend to your garden.
- Bake your best goodies for your friends and neighbors.
- Get those old photo albums out, (or go through your phone), and spend some time reliving your favorite memories.
- Avoid the news, or at least keep it to a minimum, (10 minutes per day) just to stay informed.
- Make the decision that today you are going to be happy.
Happiness is a decision. Will you make the decision to be happy today? I did.