A lot of people find themselves trying to ‘survive’ these days. Paralyzed in fear, and barely able to function. I know, I’ve had my own challenges. But the thing is we only ever have two choices in life. One is negative and the other is positive. When we choose negative, nothing good comes from it and we find ourselves going down the rabbit hole pretty fast.
So here’s the thing. We will get through this. We will get through this Covid-19 pandemic. When? I can’t tell you that, no one can. But we will. So ask yourself, when this is all said and done, “do I want to come out of this crawling or running?” Your answer, and I hope it’s ‘running’ will form your decisions and actions going forward. If you choose to come out running, I got your back. Anything you need to help you get through this with a positive outlook, and a plan to thrive in the future, let me know how i can help.
The most important thing you can do for yourself, your family, your clients, and your community is to remain positive. Here are a few tips to help you cope.
- Make a list of all the things you’ve wanted to do, but didn’t or couldn’t find the time to do-Do them!
- Eat healthy.
- Exercise when and where possible.
- Reach out to friends, colleagues and clients and have conversations-not just text messages.
- Help your neighbors-get groceries, pick up prescriptions, walk their dog-it will help you get out of your head.
- Look at that long list of continuing learning and get to it. Keep your mind challenged.
- While keeping your distance from others, -2 metres, go for walks as much as possible.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Try experimenting in the kitchen with new recipes.
- Make a list of all of the things you are going to do when this is over, including your dream vacation.
The overall theme here is stay positive and be compassionate to those around you.
We will get through this. When we do, will you be crawling out or running forward? I hope you are running!
Stay safe and healthy.