If you are like most lawyers you struggle with time management. And who can blame you? Things come at you all day long and often last minute. So how to you keep up? Here are a few helpful and proven tips.
- Schedule time to review emails and when you are working on an important file, turn your email notification off.
- Train your staff and others to know when your door is closed that means that you are not to be disturbed unless it is an emergency.
- Start each day be making your ‘to do’ list and check things off as you accomplish them. Even if you don’t get to all of them it will still give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Avoid Internet distractions by scheduling time in your day (lunch) to check Facebook or personal emails. Don’t let them take over your life.
- At the end of the day review your list to see how far along you got and revise it for tomorrow.
- On Fridays before you leave the office take a few minutes to clean up the piles of files scattered all over your desk. Imagine what it will do for your outlook Monday morning when you come into an organized and neat office.
Try these out, they work.