OnTrac® Career Coaching
Not where you want to be in your career? Are you stuck in a rut where you are? After all of the time and effort, not to mention the financial investment you’ve made in your education, you deserve better. Don’t settle. There are plenty of great opportunities out there. You just need to be looking in the right place and taking the right approaches. You CAN do better.
I was fortunate enough to run into Mr. Gary Mitchel at a time when I was approaching a cross-roads in my nationally based law career, after 16 years of practice throughout 5 provinces. It was during this time of ‘change’ in my career journey that Gary stepped in to fulfill an important role as both a guide and coach. He was always positive and preaching an open mindset. His insights and professional instinct lead me to and through a lot of changes. His seasoned assessment of the wider national market for lawyering helped me sample multiple perspectives and find meaningful change.
While I was out “doing the work”, attending conferences, workshops and various consults with prospective firms, Gary always had my back, like a Scotty Bowman of NHL coaches. Always direct, calm, rational, and insightful. His perspectives on the market norms, law firm development, client growth, law firm culture are invaluable. I am thankful to Gary for his continued coaching. I am thankful to call him my friend.
Kit Perrick, Lawyer, Peak Law Group LLP
Gary has been a fantastic coach. His positive attitude and coaching has been instrumental in helping me to develop my legal career. I highly recommend him!
-Sonya Joshi, Lawyer at Blake, Cassels and Graydon LLP
Outcomes with OnTrac®
- Clarify your ideal position
- Identify your ‘Big Picture’ vision
- Learn how and where to target firms who offer your ideal opportunity
- Build more relationships with legal recruiters
- Craft an outstanding CV
- Craft a cover letter that gets attention
- Strengthen your LinkedIn profile and learn to leverage social media in your quest
- Effectively articulate your value proposition and unique set of skills and experience using only affirmative language
- Prepare to knock it out of the park in your interview
- Gain more confidence and learn to trust your instincts more
Coaching will help you clarify what you really want.
That is the first step towards making change and getting to where you want to be.
When you land your ideal role, consider taking my Practice Management Program. The increased productivity you will see will result in a higher likelihood of getting the raise faster and moving up the career ladder.